Wall St Dental Spa
General and Cosmetic Dentistry located in Financial District, New York, NY
When you require oral surgery to diagnose, treat, or restore your oral health and appearance, the dental professionals at Wall St Dental Spa are highly skilled and qualified. Located in the Financial District of New York City, they offer a comfortable environment, state-of-the-art technique, and sedation dentistry to help you get the care you need as comfortably as possible. To schedule your oral surgery, call or book an appointment online.
Oral Surgery Q & A
What is oral surgery?
Oral surgery refers to a group of procedures which diagnose or treat a variety of oral and dental problems. Oral surgery can be as simple as tooth extraction, or as complex as facial reconstruction after facial trauma.
The purpose of oral surgery is to:
- Relieve pain
- Diagnose oral or dental problems
- Treat and prevent the spread of infection
- Restoration of oral structures after trauma or injury
- Improve overall appearance
Oral surgeries are often performed by dental professionals, such as oral surgeons, periodontists, and general dentists.
What are the types of oral surgery?
Some oral surgeries procedures can be done in the dental office with minimal sedation and quick recovery times. Others may require more specialized oral surgeons and are completed under general anesthesia.
Some types of oral surgeries include:
- Tooth extractions, including wisdom teeth removal
- Tooth extractions with bone grafting
- Placement of dental implants, including All-on-Four implants
- Gum repair, including Pinhole® Gum Rejuvenation
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder treatment
- Root canals
- Cosmetic dental restoration
- Osseous surgery, or combined gum and bone repair
Wall St Dental Spa utilizes effective sedative dentistry techniques to ensure you’re relaxed and comfortable throughout your oral surgery.
What can I expect after oral surgery?
Post-surgery instructions and recovery times differ depending on the type of procedure you have done. The dental professionals at Wall St Dental Spa are committed to helping you be as comfortable and as free of complications as possible after your oral surgery.
It will be important to follow any instructions carefully, as these guidelines help prevent infection, promote healing, shorten recovery times, and avoid complications.
Some instructions you may receive include:
- Care of surgery site and stitches
- Use of oral rinses or medications
- Avoidance of forceful spitting or rinsing
- Avoidance of using a straw
- Expectations regarding bruising or swelling
- Foods or drinks to avoid or encourage
- Activity limitations
- Concerning signs or symptoms to look for
The dental experts at Wall St Dental Spa take time before and after your procedure to make sure you’re as prepared as possible for your oral surgery and recovery. They’re available for any questions or concerns you may have.
To schedule your oral surgery, call or book an appointment online with Wall St Dental Spa.
Conditions & Treatments
All on 4 Implantsmore info
Dental Implantsmore info
Pinhole Gum Rejuvenationmore info
Root Canalsmore info
Sedation Dentistrymore info
Smile Makeovermore info
TMJ Treatmentmore info
Teeth Whiteningmore info
Wisdom Teethmore info
Oral Surgerymore info
Tooth Extractionmore info
IV Sedationmore info
3D Imaging Technologymore info
Emergency Dentistrymore info